The UK and Pakistan have a deeply rooted history, strengthened by the presence of 1.6 million Pakistanis living in the UK. This strong bond between the people of both nations forms the heart of the UK-Pakistan relationship. It is these personal links that make Pakistan a particularly significant partner for the UK Home Office.
UK Work Visas for Pakistanis: A Comprehensive Guide on Applying for Work Visas in the UK
Pakistani citizens can apply for various UK work visas for Pakistanis based on their skills, qualifications, job offer, and sponsorship.
Documents Required for UK Visa from Pakistan Below are the requirements for a UK Visa from Pakistan: Passport:
- Please note that your passport must meet all of the following conditions
- Original passport and all old passports
- The passport must have at least 2 blank pages and must be valid for a period of 6 months from the date of travel
- Documents required for UK Visa from Pakistan
- Scanned color copy of your national identity card. Both the back and front sides
- Family Registration Certificate from NADRA (FRC)
- NADRA Marriage Registration Certificate (MRC)
- A certified duplicate of the National Tax Number (NTN) Registration Certificate issued by the Federal Board of Revenue
- Your tax returns from the most recent tax year (Last year) for your UK visa application
- Relative in the UK (if any)
- Any rejection from the UK or any other country
Photographs for British Visa from Pakistan
Three recent color photographs measuring 2 x 2 inches, white background with a matte or semi-matte finish with 80% face coverage, white background, and no border. (Photograph must be no older than 3 months, scanned/stapled, and must not be used on any previous visas)
3- Additional documents
Financial Documents for UK Visa from Pakistani employed:
Original leave sanction letter on employer’s letterhead
Original personal bank statement for last 6 months clearly mentioning bank name, bank telephone number, applicant’s name and account number on bank letterhead with seal and signature of bank officer with minimum balance closing of around PKR 1,000,000 (sudden deposit of money is unappreciated).
- Pay slips for the last 3 months
- Personal tax returns for the last 3 years of assessment or tax deduction certificate
- If freelancer/entrepreneur
- Personal tax returns for the last 3 years
- Corporate tax returns for the last 3 years (if filed separately)
Original personal bank statement for last 6 months mentioning bank name, bank telephone number, applicant name and account number clearly on bank letterhead with seal and signature of bank officer with minimum balance closure of around PKR 1,000,000 in case of solo travel. If a family wishes to apply, in that case, ensure that the funds are more than PKR 2,000,000 (a sudden deposit of money is not appreciated).
Original bank statement of the company for the last 6 months mentioning the name of the bank, telephone number of the bank, name of the applicant and account number clearly on bank letterhead with seal and signature of the bank officer, l The statement must be updated at least 7 days before the submission date. OR If your bank statement is very large, you can provide a letter confirming the original balance on bank letterhead with seal and signature (if you have a separate bank, bank statement in the name of the company)
Supporting Documents for UK Visa from Pakistani employed:
- Copy of the employee’s business card and identity card (company card).
- If freelancer/entrepreneur
- Company Registration Certificate/Certificate of Incorporation
- Proof of ownership/partnership (if the applicant is the owner/partner of a company)
- Chamber of Commerce certificate if you are registered with the Chamber of Commerce.
- If student
- Copy of your school/college/college ID card
- Leave the sanction letter on school or college letterhead/bonafide letter
- If a minor student is traveling alone or with a single parent, a no objection certificate on PKR 100 stamp paper from the unaccompanied parent is required, attesting been by a notary together with proof of his signature, such as a copy of his passport.
- If retired
- Copy of retirement order/remission letter
- Copy of the discharge booklet
- Copy of the pension booklet, if present
- Important notes
- Important note for UK visa:
Please deposit your latest statement, which must be no more than 7 days old at the time of submission
For minor applicants, visa and other supporting forms must be signed by both parents together with the minor applicant’s signature or thumbprint as appearing in his or her passport
The amount you are paying includes practice support fees for the UK
- The fee to the UK Embassy is currently 100 GBP (equivalent to 36,500 PKR) (6-month visa fee)
- The fee to the UK Embassy is currently 376 GBP (equivalent to 137,240 PKR) (2-year visa fee)
- The fee to the UK Embassy is currently 670 GBP (equivalent to 244,550 PKR) (5-year visa fee)
- The fee to the UK Embassy is currently 837 GBP (equivalent to 305,505 PKR) (10-year visa fee)
Appointment processing time for the UK is 2 days
Expected appointment availability is 1-4 weeks
All other documents, such as financial and personal documents, must be provided by the client himself
Visa approval is at the discretion of the UK Embassy Visa Issuing Officer
How to apply for a work permit in the UK?
The process of applying for a work permit in the UK can be complex, but with careful preparation it is manageable. Here is a step-by-step guide:
Find a job offer: Firstly, you need a job offer from a UK employer with a valid level 2 sponsor license. Your potential employer will issue you with a Certificate of Sponsorship (COS), which you will need for your application.
Check eligibility: Make sure you meet all eligibility criteria, including minimum salary requirements, English language proficiency, and maintenance funds. Different criteria apply to the various categories of Tier 2 visas.
Complete your application online: Submit your application online through the official UK Government website. You will need to provide personal data, biometric information, and details about your job offer.
Biometric Appointment: You must attend a biometric appointment at a UK visa application center in your home country to provide fingerprints and photographs.
Attend an interview (if required): In some cases, you may be asked to attend an interview as part of the application process.
Wait for a decision: The processing time for a UK work permit application can vary, so it is essential to submit your application well in advance of your intended start date.
Visa issuance: If your application is accepted, you will receive a visa sticker in your passport, allowing you to enter the UK. Upon arrival you will collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) within ten days.
How much money is needed for a UK work visa from Pakistan?
UK Work Visa at Pakistan Price
Skilled Worker (Sponsorship Certificate for 3 years or less): PKR 252,683. Skilled worker (certificate of sponsorship for over 3 years): PK3 527.155. Foreign Domestic Worker: PKR 223,865. Temporary Work Visas: PKR 104,728.
How much does a 2-year UK work visa cost?
If you are applying from outside the UK, the standard fee depends on whether you will be in the UK for: up to 3 years – £719 per person. over 3 years – £1,420 per person.
Who is eligible for a work permit in the UK?
To qualify for a skilled worker visa, you must: work for a UK employer who has been approved by the Home Office. have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you have been offered in the UK. carry out a job included in the list of eligible occupations.
Is IELTS required for a UK work permit?
To successfully migrate to the UK, there are two routes you can take. The first is the request for an indefinite residence permit (PR). You will need to achieve an IELTS score of 4.0 in the speaking and listening parts. You will also need to get a passing grade in the IELTS Life Skills at B1 test.
How much bank balance is required for a UK visa?
Q. How much bank balance is required for a UK visa? Answer: You must have a minimum bank balance of INR 2,00,000/- or 3,00,000/- per person, which will prove that you have sufficient funds for the entire period of your visit to the UK.
Can we get PR in the UK with a work permit?
As a UK work permit holder, you may be entitled to permanent residency if you have lived and worked in the UK for a minimum of five years. Once you have met the five-year requirement, you may be eligible for indefinite leave to remain in the UK, which can be followed by British naturalization as a British citizen.