Australian Skilled Sponsor Visa

Skilled Sponsor Visa is three year provisional visa for out of the country students and certain visa owners who are not capable to meet the decisive factor for a permanent skilled visa. You will have the chance to apply for permanent residency after you have lived for two years, and worked at least 12 months, in a Specified Regional Area of Australia.

See: Specified regional areas

This visa needs you to be either:

  • Nominated by a contributing State or Territory government agenc or
  • Sponsored by an eligible family member living in a designated area of Australia.

This visa uses a points test to select visa candidates with characteristics needed in the Australian labour market.

Who Can Apply for This Visa?
This type visa is for you if you are in Australia and you are one of the following:

  • an overseas student or earlier overseas student
  • a holder of a Skilled – Graduate visa (subclass 485) or a Skilled – Recognized Graduate visa (subclass 476)
  • a holder of a Trade Skills Training visa (subclass 471)
  • a holder of a Working Holiday visa (subclass 417)
  • a holder of an Occupational Trainee visa (subclass 442)

This visa is also for existing holders of a provisional skilled visa who have abided by the circumstances on their visa and who need further time to meet the residence and/or employment criteria to apply for a permanent visa.

See: Existing provisional visa holders

You must be:

  • under 45 years old
  • have good English language skills
  • have the skills and qualifications that meet the Australian standard for an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) and your nominated occupation is classified as either:
  • a 60 point occupation or a 50 point occupation

The SOL is a list of skilled professions that are in need in Australia. Each profession listed on the SOL is allocated a points value for use in the visa appraisal process.

See: Form 1121i Skilled Occupation List (SOL) and Employer Nomination Scheme Occupation List.

These pages provide information about the obligations that you and any accompanying secondary applicants must comply with.

If you are being sponsored by an eligible relative living in a designated area of Australia, there are also obligations that must be met by your sponsor.

Eligibility Criteria:
These following links will give you information about the eligibility needs that must be met for a visa application.

This visa requirements you to be sponsored by an eligible relative living in Australia or nominated by a participating State or Territory government.

Sponsorship by a relative
Nomination by a State or Territory government

Visa Fee:
You must pay the relevant visa application charge when you lodge your visa application.

See: Professionals and other Skilled Migrants

Click here for more information about this visa.

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *