Canada Work Permit Visa:
The Work Permits scheme issues work permits to eligible overseas workers who wish to work temporarily in Canada, gives information on the related application process, and issues visitor records to business visitors.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Have a legitimate passport or other travel document issued by their country of residence
- Be in good health (a medical exam may be required)
- Provide proof that they have sufficient funds to support their stay in Canada
- Demonstrate that their stay in Canada is temporary
- Not have a criminal record, nor be considered a security risk
- Other criteria may apply
In most cases, overseas workers must have obtained a labour market view from their potential employer before applying for a work permit.
In most cases, foreign workers must also obtain a Temporary Resident Visa, which is usually issued along with the work permit.
About Application Information
There is a processing fee of $150 for work permit applications.
- General Inquiries: 1 888 242-2100
- TTY: 1 888 576-8502