USA Visitor Visa:
Visitor/Tourist Visa is a non-immigrant visa issued to people entering U.S. temporarily for business (B1), or for pleasure, tourist, medical treatment (B2). These are generally issued up to a period of three months to ten years. An additional extension of six months can be obtained based on the approval by the INS, while the visitor is in USA.
Under U.S. law, candidates for visitor visas must qualify on their own for visas to visit the United States.
This is what candidates must do when they apply for visitor visas:
- Complete and sign the required application forms;
- Bring evidence that their visit is temporary and that they will leave the United States after their legally authorized stay; and
- Undergo security clearance procedures
All visa applicants, even babies in their parents' passports, must have these things:
- Application Form DS-156 , completed and signed
- Current, valid passport or travel document
- Photograph. Requirements are strict for photograph size, type and quality. Please check with your nearest consulate for specifications before you get your picture taken.
- Application fees. All applicants must pay the application fee. Some applicants, according to nationality and type of visa, must also pay an issuance fee.
- Evidence of funds to cover your expenses in the United States
- Evidence of compelling social and economic ties abroad
For men between 16 and 45 years of age:
Supplemental visa application Form DS-157
What happened after 9/11 -?
- Recent changes in United States visa policy and procedures may increase the amount of time it takes for foreigners who want to visit, to obtain a visa. It is important to apply early!
- Changes introduced shortly after September 11, 2001 involve extensive and ongoing review of visa issuing practices as they relate to our national security. For many applicants, a personal appearance interview is required as a standard part of visa processing. Visa applications are now subject to a greater degree of scrutiny than in the past. This can cause longer processing times. The State Department is working hard with other government agencies to streamline clearance procedures in ways that continue to protect United States borders, our first priority, while facilitating legitimate travel.
United States Visa Application Fees
US$100 Application Fee
Each candidate for a visitor visa must pay a nonrefundable US $100 nonimmigrant visa application processing fee which you can take with you to the interview. Read More
Today, 3 February 2014, the government announced proposals to change the fees charged for visas, immigration and nationality applications and associated premium services.
From 16 December 2013, if you are applying for a visa from outside the UK, you will be asked to fill in a new customer satisfaction survey.
From 16 December 2013 all UK visa applications made in Pakistan must be paid for online.
Changes to the Immigration Rules will affect members of HM Forces and their families
If you are making a visa application in the UK you now have the opportunity to tell us about your experience through a new customer satisfaction survey.
We are publishing new versions of the following application forms for use on or after 28 October 2013
The government has announced the introduction of the Immigration Bill on Thursday 10 October 2013.
Global contracts have been awarded for our visa application centres overseas
Rule changes which come into effect on 1 October 2013 will mean greater flexibility for businesses and workers