Australian Senior Executive
This visa is created for senior executive employees of major overseas businesses, who have important net assets and a genuine and sensible commitment to contribute in the management of a new or existing business. This visa is also the first step towards being granted a permanent Business Skills visa.
Who Can Apply For This Visa?
Senior executives from overseas, who through their knowledge have gained the skills to successfully manage a business in Australia, are less than 45 years of age, and their family.
These links provide information about the eligibility requirements for senior executives and their family members.
You must pay a non-refundable visa charge when you lodge your visa application.
What Can I Do After Getting This Visa?
With this visa you can:
- Set up a new or existing business in Australia.
- Travel in and out of Australia any number of times as long as the visa is legitimate
- Have your family accompany you to Australia. They will have access to work and study rights. Your family includes your spouse and any dependants.
As a Senior Executive (Provisional) visa holder you are expected to give precious input to the Australian economy. You must obtain a considerable ownership interest in a business in Australia or maintain your investment in Australia for four years. In that business you must actively participate in the day-to-day management of that business at a senior level, and continue to make genuine efforts to hold a substantial ownership interest at a senior level in the day-to-day management of such a business.
In that business you must also do at least one of the following:
- Develop business links with international markets
- Create or maintain employment in Australia
- Export Australian goods
- Produce goods or services that would otherwise be imported
- Introduce new or improved technology
- Add to commercial activity and competitiveness within sectors of the Australian economy.
Duration of this visa:
This visa is valid for 4 years.
If the visa is granted while you are:
- In Australia (Student visa holders only), it is valid from the date of grant
- Outside Australia, it is valid from the entry ending date on your visa label.
Today, 3 February 2014, the government announced proposals to change the fees charged for visas, immigration and nationality applications and associated premium services.
From 16 December 2013, if you are applying for a visa from outside the UK, you will be asked to fill in a new customer satisfaction survey.
From 16 December 2013 all UK visa applications made in Pakistan must be paid for online.
Changes to the Immigration Rules will affect members of HM Forces and their families
If you are making a visa application in the UK you now have the opportunity to tell us about your experience through a new customer satisfaction survey.
We are publishing new versions of the following application forms for use on or after 28 October 2013
The government has announced the introduction of the Immigration Bill on Thursday 10 October 2013.
Global contracts have been awarded for our visa application centres overseas
Rule changes which come into effect on 1 October 2013 will mean greater flexibility for businesses and workers